Wednesday, September 28

In Our Time: Shinto

Browsing through the BBC iPlayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio) that I definitely like too much (unfortunately, outside the UK only the radio programmes are available... <covers face with a kimono sleeve to hide the running tears... ok, just kidding>), I came across this very interesting audition about shinto:



It's really informative, and presents shinto in historical, mythological and religious context, juxtaposing it with other religious systems. Program is free to listen, and available from any country in the world - just click the 'listen now' button on top of the synopsis. Podcast lasts about 45 minutes. Oh, needless to say: it's in English.

One of the guests is Ms. Lucia Dolce - Senior Lecturer in Japanese Religion and Japanese at my home university - the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting dear :* And as it comes to restricted access to Uk broadcast - now you know how we feel in Poland without even the last fm site! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I kind of get frustrated I don't have my BBC here... haven't found a Japanese equivalent yet, and sometimes I'm so bored I would watch something... But maybe it's for the better! :) Missing you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete