Sunday, September 18

Welcome to my new blog, everybody!

Hello, and welcome to my new blog! It's new, it's fresh, and it will be about many things that generally weigh on the student's mind, but mostly concerning Kyoto, where I currently live, Japanese language with all its oddities and quirkiness, and everything that could possibly bother a foreign student in such a far-away place as Japan!

(So expect everything, basically.)


(Or: expect the unexpected, as one of my teachers would say, regarding some test)


There are few things that need to be set up before we start though:


1/ if you see squares in the title of the blog - please make sure to enable Japanese fonts for your computer. I'll be using Japanese in my posts, so please do it if you want to see it. If not and you don't mind squares here and there - don't do anything :-) (If you're not sure how to enable the fonts - there are plenty of tutorials on the internet.)


2/ although I'd love to, I'm not a native English speaker, and although I do try to write as clearly and mistake-free as possible, please forgive if there are some mistakes. Please, be so kind so as to spare yourself the effort of pointing the lexical/grammatical mistakes out in the comments, and judging my intelligence level by that.

3/ this blog will be billingual. Sometimes I'm in the mood of writing in English, sometimes in Polish, so posts will be either in English, or Polish. No matter how much I'd love to, I honestly have no time to translate the posts into the other language, so please forgive if something that would be of interest to you is not in English. I can promise it will not happen that often though!


Ok, everybody in for some adventure? Welcome aboard... the year abroad! (no pun intended)



Green tea with some sweets. Enjoyed at Matsunoo Taisha tea pavilion, 18/09/2011.

1 comment:

  1. YO Tu Bartek od EWy pozdrowienia :) a i kup mi od cholery tych fajnych rurek z kremem czekoladowym i tych smiesznych grzybków szyszek hahaha teraz ci zasmieciłem twoj blog polskimi jezykiem heheheh:d

    ReplyDelete